Arts and Peacebuilding
“Tanaghom” school for Arts and peacebuilding aims to train African and Asian peace activists and artists who are living in Conflict areas to participate in peace building through arts in their local communities. This online training is an introductory interactive course which will prepare participants to attend more intense offline practical trainings in the future.
Long term objectives of Tanaghom schools for Arts and peacebuilding:
- To empower peace activists and artists who are living in conflict areas to actively participate in peacebuilding through Arts.
- To build bridges between artists and peace activists to unify their efforts in peacebuilding.
Aims of this course:
- Introduce art as an approach for Peacebuilding.
- Understanding conflict context (conflict analysis tools)
- Raising particpants’ knowledge about the role of arts in Peacebuilding.
- Exploring the risks and challenges of arts based approaches.